News Details

Melbourne to satay in F1 for years to come

August 4, 2014 .- The future of the Australian grand prix is secure. "To know there are many more home grands prix to come is great," new F1 sensation Daniel Ricciardo told the Herald Sun newspaper. Amid annual $50 million-plus losses, the Melbourne race beyond 2015 had been in serious doubt as organisers warned they wanted a better deal from Bernie Ecclestone. But it has now been announced officially that the sport is staying at Albert Park for at least five more years after the signing of a new 2016-2020 contract. "I congratulate Australian grand prix corporation chairman Ron Walker for his success as a tough negotiator in getting the best deal for Victoria," said...
Full Story »
11y ago from F1Plus.com 0
Share

You May Also Be Interested In...

Mexico to host double points finalé in 2015?

Mexican FIA vice-president Jose Abed has said that the Mexican Grand Prix...
11y ago from RichlandF1.com

Raikkonen eyes 'better' Ferrari for 2015

July 28, 2014 .- Kimi Raikkonen was looking ahead to 2015 rather than...
11y ago from F1Plus.com

Raikkonen eyes better Ferrari for 2015

Kimi Raikkonen was looking ahead to 2015 rather than seeing Sunday's...
11y ago from GrandPrix.com

Melbourne secures Australian GP until 2020

Sutton Images Enlarge Melbourne will continue to host the Australian...
11y ago from espnF1.com

Elsewhere On The Network

Popular On MGPToday.com

Pedro Acosta says the third MotoGP race start...

Pedro Acosta questioned the decision to continue the MotoGP Catalan Grand...

How Fabio Di Giannantonio went from fighting for a...

Timing. The most important word in MotoGP. On track, riders were setting...

Popular On IndyCarToday.com

Alexander Rossi undergoes surgery after horror Indy...

Alexander Rossi has undergone surgery following a horror crash during...

Alexander Rossi involved in multi-car crash in...

Monday afternoon held a short practice session for the NTT IndyCar...
19h ago from MotorsportWeek.c...

Indianapolis 500 – Qualifying results

Late Sunday afternoon, the starting order for the 110th Indianapolis 500...

Two drivers disqualified following Indy 500 qualifying

Following Sunday’s qualifying for the Indianapolis 500, two cars failed...

Popular On TotalWRC.com

Popular On GunnersToday.com

Uefa expects more viewers for Champions League final...

t;li>HBO Max subscribers in the UK likely to boost numbersPresence of...
1h ago from TheGuardian.com

Football quiz: when English clubs play in European...

enal, Aston Villa and Crystal Palace could make it a clean sweep of...
31m ago from TheGuardian.com

Player ratings: Arsenal 1-0 Burnley

Arsenal moved closer to the Premier League title with a 1-0 win over...
4h ago from FreshArsenal.com

How PL title, relegation and Liverpool's CL place can...

The Premier League title race, relegation battle and Liverpool's Champions...
4h ago from SkySports.com

Comments

Hottest News

Recent News


2014 GPToday.com
GPToday.com is not responsible for the news headlines and associated descriptions and images it indexes, the content of externally linked sites or the comments & postings of its users.

This website is unofficial and is not associated in any way with the Formula One group of companies. F1, FORMULA ONE, FORMULA 1, FIA FORMULA ONE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP, GRAND PRIX and related marks are trade marks of Formula One Licensing B.V.