News Details

Alonso spared more Indy 500 qualifying woe

Fernando Alonso can breathe a sigh of relief…he will avoid another ignominious failure to qualify for the Indianapolis 500 next week. The two-time former F1 world champion is preparing for a third tilt at the famous American race with McLaren, having retired due to an engine failure on his debut in 2017 after starting fifth and leading for 27 of the 200 laps. But last year, the Spaniard failed to even make it through qualifying as he was bumped out in the Last Row Shootout along with two other cars – including the Carlin of another ex-F1 driver, Britain’s Max Chilton. This time, however, both Alonso and Chilton have been spared such an experience. With a maximum field of 33,...
Full Story »
5y ago from PlanetF1.com 0
Share

You May Also Be Interested In...

IMS forced to bar all fans from 2020 Indy 500!

The 2020 Indy 500 will finally run without any spectators on August 23...
5y ago from F1i.com

McLaren open to 2021 Alonso Indy 500 deal

McLaren CEO Zak Brown says the outfit would be open to continuing its...
5y ago from MotorsportWeek.com

Chilton's amazing Borg Warner Indy 500 lid

Former F1 driver Max Chilton has come up with a stunning helmet design to...
5y ago from F1i.com

Alonso won’t run Indy again until at least ‘23

Fernando Alonso has revealed that this year’s Indianapolis 500 will be...
5y ago from MotorsportWeek.com

Elsewhere On The Network

Popular On MGPToday.com

Popular On IndyCarToday.com

Aggressive testing schedule planned ahead of Mick...

Following confirmation Mick Schumacher will make a switch to IndyCar next...

Mick Schumacher joins RLL in IndyCar switch

Rahal Letterman Lanigan Racing has announced that Mick Schumacher will...

Popular On TotalWRC.com

Sebastien Ogier wins 9th WRC title, Thierry Neuville...

Sebastien Ogier won his ninth WRC title in Saudia Arabia and Vincent...

Sebastien Ogier leads the virtual title chase as...

Friday in Saudi Arabia was the toughest day of the season. The overnight...
22h ago from MotorsportWeek.c...

Popular On GunnersToday.com

“They are doing very well, but we haven't faced them...

Chelsea star Moises Caicedo has boldly said that his side can do well...
35m ago from SportsKeeda.com

“No better time for them to play Arsenal” - Ray...

Arsenal legend Ray Parlour expects Chelsea and his former side to play out...
1h ago from SportsKeeda.com

“Now we will be enemies but we are friends” -...

Chelsea defender Wesley Fofana has admitted that he has not spoken to...
3h ago from SportsKeeda.com

Chelsea ready to break rival hearts with move for...

Chelsea are reportedly interested in the Arsenal youngster Myles...
3h ago from CaughtOffside.com

Comments

Hottest News

Recent News


2014 GPToday.com
GPToday.com is not responsible for the news headlines and associated descriptions and images it indexes, the content of externally linked sites or the comments & postings of its users.

This website is unofficial and is not associated in any way with the Formula One group of companies. F1, FORMULA ONE, FORMULA 1, FIA FORMULA ONE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP, GRAND PRIX and related marks are trade marks of Formula One Licensing B.V.