News Details

McLaren confirms 2019 Indianapolis 500 entry with Fernando Alonso

McLaren has confirmed that it will return to the Indianapolis 500 in 2019 with Fernando Alonso. Alonso will bow out of Formula 1 at the end of 2018 and has repeatedly emphasised his ambition to complete motorsport's Triple Crown, having added the Le Mans 24 Hours this year to his Monaco Grand Prix success. Alonso raced at the Indianapolis 500 last year in a McLaren-Andretti-Honda one-car entry and ran competitively before retiring due to an engine failure. McLaren confirmed on Saturday that it will contest next May's running with Alonso, with further details to be provided in due course. 'I’ve made clear for some time my desire to achieve the Triple Crown,' he said. 'I had an...
Full Story »
Share

You May Also Be Interested In...

Pietro Fittipaldi joins Haas as 2019 F1 test driver,...

Pietro Fittipaldi, grandson of two-time World Champion Emerson, is to...
7y ago from MotorsportWeek.com

Chase Carey: F1 OTT in 2018 'almost a beta project'

Formula 1 Chairman Chase Carey believes the sport’s OTT products...
7y ago from MotorsportWeek.com

Lewis Hamilton: Valtteri Bottas doesn't need me to...

Lewis Hamilton says he won't be gifting Mercedes team-mate Valtteri...
7y ago from MotorsportWeek.com

Daniil Kvyat to make STR return at Abu Dhabi F1 tyre...

Daniil Kvyat will return to Formula 1 action at this month’s...
7y ago from MotorsportWeek.com

Elsewhere On The Network

Popular On MGPToday.com

Popular On IndyCarToday.com

IndyCar grows international broadcast offerings for...

The NTT IndyCar Series has announced that its already extensive global...

Alexander Rossi fastest as rain disrupts second...

The NTT IndyCar Series completed the second and final day of testing at...

Popular On TotalWRC.com

Elfyn Evans wins Swedish showdown

Elfyn Evans and Scott Martin clinched victory on Rally Sweden which ended...

Popular On GunnersToday.com

“It’s not part of my vocabulary” - Mikel Arteta...

Arsenal manager Mikel Arteta has insisted that 'bottlers' is not a part of...
1h ago from SportsKeeda.com

Rice issues Arsenal warning and reveals dressing-room...

Declan Rice believes Arsenal need to maintain "perspective" over...
17m ago from SkySports.com

Mikel Arteta fires back at ‘bottlers' tag as...

Arsenal are fighting for the Premier League title, but they have been...
8h ago from CaughtOffside.com

Mikel Arteta rules out ‘bottlers’ jibe but accepts...

t;li>‘It’s not part of my vocabulary. I wouldn’t use that...
8h ago from TheGuardian.com

Comments

Hottest News

Recent News


2014 GPToday.com
GPToday.com is not responsible for the news headlines and associated descriptions and images it indexes, the content of externally linked sites or the comments & postings of its users.

This website is unofficial and is not associated in any way with the Formula One group of companies. F1, FORMULA ONE, FORMULA 1, FIA FORMULA ONE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP, GRAND PRIX and related marks are trade marks of Formula One Licensing B.V.