News Details

IndyCar release statement on Alonso future

IndyCar remain hopeful of attracting Fernando Alonso to a full-time drive in 2019 after the McLaren driver confirmed he will not race in Formula 1 next year. Alonso needs a victory in the Indianapolis 500 to complete motorsport's 'Triple Crown' and match Graham Hill's unique feat. McLaren facilitated Alonso's effort at last year's Indy 500, which ended in engine failure after the Spaniard had led in swathes of the race. The team's failure to develop a competitive car in F1 has seen Alonso switch focus, although McLaren are yet to confirm if they will enter a team in IndyCar next year - which could be pivotal in Alonso taking part. Mark Miles, president of Indycar and the Indianapolis Motor...
Full Story »
7y ago from GPFans.com 0
Share

You May Also Be Interested In...

Alonso IndyCar announcement expected 'at the end of...

Mark Miles, the President and CEO of Hulman & Company, which owns IndyCar...
7y ago from FormulaSpy.com

IndyCar extends invitation to Fernando Alonso for 2019

Tuesday’s declaration that Fernando Alonso will retire from Formula...
7y ago from MotorsportWeek.com

Alonso "one of the all-time greats"

 Fernando Alonso will go down as one of the all-time greats to step...
7y ago from GPBlog.com

Indycar: We hope Alonso does the full 2019 season

  Fernando Alonso's decision to quit Formula 1 at the end of this season...
7y ago from GrandPrix247.com

Elsewhere On The Network

Popular On MGPToday.com

Popular On IndyCarToday.com

Aggressive testing schedule planned ahead of Mick...

Following confirmation Mick Schumacher will make a switch to IndyCar next...

Mick Schumacher joins RLL in IndyCar switch

Rahal Letterman Lanigan Racing has announced that Mick Schumacher will...

Popular On TotalWRC.com

Popular On GunnersToday.com

“They are doing very well, but we haven't faced them...

Chelsea star Moises Caicedo has boldly said that his side can do well...
4h ago from SportsKeeda.com

Arsenal and Man United told how much they need to pay...

Arsenal and Manchester United will have to fork out £75 million to sign...
6h ago from CaughtOffside.com

“Now we will be enemies but we are friends” -...

Chelsea defender Wesley Fofana has admitted that he has not spoken to...
6h ago from SportsKeeda.com

“No better time for them to play Arsenal” - Ray...

Arsenal legend Ray Parlour expects Chelsea and his former side to play out...
5h ago from SportsKeeda.com

Comments

Hottest News

Recent News


2014 GPToday.com
GPToday.com is not responsible for the news headlines and associated descriptions and images it indexes, the content of externally linked sites or the comments & postings of its users.

This website is unofficial and is not associated in any way with the Formula One group of companies. F1, FORMULA ONE, FORMULA 1, FIA FORMULA ONE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP, GRAND PRIX and related marks are trade marks of Formula One Licensing B.V.