News Details

McLaren confirms Fernando Alonso to exit F1 after 2018

McLaren has confirmed that Fernando Alonso will not race in Formula 1 next year, bringing his 17-year stay in the sport, in which he has won two World Championships, to a close. Alonso's future has been a talking point and on Tuesday it was announced that the Spaniard will not race in Formula 1 in 2019, with the two-time champion revealing his mind had been made up several months ago. Neither McLaren nor Alonso divulged further details regarding their respective 2019 programmes. 'After 17 wonderful years in this amazing sport, it’s time for me to make a change and move on,' said Alonso. 'I have enjoyed every single minute of those incredible seasons and I cannot thank enough the...
Full Story »
Share

You May Also Be Interested In...

Brown: Alonso hasn't yet decided his future

Zak Brown has revealed that Fernando Alonso has yet to commit his future...
6y ago from PlanetF1.com

No reason F1 can't go all-electric in a decade - Ross...

Formula 1's director of motorsports Ross Brawn believes F1 could...
6y ago from MotorsportWeek.com

Alonso sees 'brighter future' for McLaren after...

Fernando Alonso believes the performance of McLaren's MCL33 should...
6y ago from F1i.com

Fernando Alonso to bow out of Formula 1 at the end of...

McLaren and Fernando Alonso have announced that the 37-year-old star...
6y ago from F1i.com

Elsewhere On The Network

Popular On MGPToday.com

Le Mans remains on MotoGP calendar until 2031

Le Mans will remain the French Grand Prix venue on the MotoGP calendar...

Francesco Bagnaia leaves COTA MotoGP ‘more...

Former MotoGP race winner Carlos Checa believes Francesco Bagnaia leaves...
13h ago from MotorsportWeek.c...

Francesco Bagnaia reveals new mindset following...

Francesco Bagnaia revealed more about his new mindset after completing an...

Marc Marquez proves he’s ‘still human’ after...

Marc Marquez says he is “not a disaster” despite crashing out of a...

Popular On IndyCarToday.com

New livery revealed for Kyle Larson's Indy 500 / Coke...

Kyle Larson will be attempting to compete in IndyCar’s Indianapolis 500...

Ex-IndyCar President Jay Frye joins RLL as team...

Rahal Letterman Lanigan Racing announced on Tuesday that Jay Frye has...

Popular On TotalWRC.com

Elfyn Evans bags the big game on Safari

Elfyn Evans and Scott Martin claimed their maiden Safari Rally Kenya...

Popular On GunnersToday.com

Liverpool face transfer battle with Arsenal for...

Liverpool and Arsenal may have to engage in a transfer battle in order to...
1h ago from SportsMole.co.uk

This Arsenal star will get the chance to make himself...

We don’t yet know the extent of the injuries to Gabriel, Timber and...
8h ago from CaughtOffside.com

Comments

Hottest News

Recent News


2014 GPToday.com
GPToday.com is not responsible for the news headlines and associated descriptions and images it indexes, the content of externally linked sites or the comments & postings of its users.

This website is unofficial and is not associated in any way with the Formula One group of companies. F1, FORMULA ONE, FORMULA 1, FIA FORMULA ONE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP, GRAND PRIX and related marks are trade marks of Formula One Licensing B.V.