News Details

F1 to hold minute's silence for Manchester victims

Formula 1 organisers are planning to hold a minute's silence before Sunday's Monaco Grand Prix as a mark of respect for the victims of the Manchester bomb attack. A Formula One Management source told Reuters the 10 teams, a majority of them British-based, had also agreed to carry the #Manchester hashtag on their cars. Monday night's attack in the northern English city, claimed by the Islamic State militant group, killed 22 people at a concert venue packed with children, and wounded dozens more. The Cannes Film Festival, under way just down the French Riviera coast from Monaco, held a minute's silence on Tuesday for what organisers condemned as an 'attack on culture, youth and...
Full Story »
7y ago from GrandPrix247.com 0
Share

You May Also Be Interested In...

F1 plans tribute to Manchester victims

Formula One world champion Lewis Hamilton and other drivers will race in...
7y ago from SuperSport.com

Pirelli axes hard tyres for British GP

Pirelli has agreed to axe its selection of hard tyres for a forthcoming...
7y ago from ThisIsF1.com

Ross Brawn: Change needed to ensure F1 has only the...

Formula 1 should only have the very best drivers according to Ross Brawn,...
7y ago from MotorsportWeek.com

Daniel Taking No chances

Daniel can't afford to make the same mistakes as last year and with the...
7y ago from F1.co.uk

Elsewhere On The Network

Popular On MGPToday.com

Le Mans remains on MotoGP calendar until 2031

Le Mans will remain the French Grand Prix venue on the MotoGP calendar...
10h ago from MotorsportWeek.c...

Francesco Bagnaia leaves COTA MotoGP ‘more...

Former MotoGP race winner Carlos Checa believes Francesco Bagnaia leaves...
14h ago from MotorsportWeek.c...

Francesco Bagnaia reveals new mindset following...

Francesco Bagnaia revealed more about his new mindset after completing an...

Marc Marquez proves he’s ‘still human’ after...

Marc Marquez says he is “not a disaster” despite crashing out of a...

Popular On IndyCarToday.com

New livery revealed for Kyle Larson's Indy 500 / Coke...

Kyle Larson will be attempting to compete in IndyCar’s Indianapolis 500...
10h ago from MotorsportWeek.c...

Ex-IndyCar President Jay Frye joins RLL as team...

Rahal Letterman Lanigan Racing announced on Tuesday that Jay Frye has...

Popular On TotalWRC.com

Elfyn Evans bags the big game on Safari

Elfyn Evans and Scott Martin claimed their maiden Safari Rally Kenya...

Popular On GunnersToday.com

Liverpool face transfer battle with Arsenal for...

Liverpool and Arsenal may have to engage in a transfer battle in order to...
1h ago from SportsMole.co.uk

Comments

Hottest News

Recent News


2014 GPToday.com
GPToday.com is not responsible for the news headlines and associated descriptions and images it indexes, the content of externally linked sites or the comments & postings of its users.

This website is unofficial and is not associated in any way with the Formula One group of companies. F1, FORMULA ONE, FORMULA 1, FIA FORMULA ONE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP, GRAND PRIX and related marks are trade marks of Formula One Licensing B.V.