News Details

Interlagos wants grand prix contract until 2025

Officials representing Autodromo Jose Carlos Pace (Interlagos) are lobbying to secure a five-year extension to the existing contract to host the Brazilian Grand Prix, which is due to expire in 2020. Interlagos first hosted a Formula 1 grand prix back in 1972 and since then has been an intrinsic part of Formula 1's rich history, with a number of world titles being decided at the venue. F1 supremo Bernie Ecclestone recently hinted that the venue was in danger of losing the grand prix, which many interpret as an age old tactic by the sport's controversial boss and a prelude to negotiations, in other words his opening gambit ahead of doing a deal. Meanwhile Brazilian Grand Prix...
Full Story »
Share

You May Also Be Interested In...

Ecclestone will accept Imola as replacement for Monza

Formula One chief Bernie Ecclestone says he will accept the Imola circuit...
8y ago from GrandPrix247.com

Monza 'very close' to new F1 deal

Red Bull/Getty Images The President of the Automobile Club d'Italia says...
8y ago from F1Zone.net

Alonso: I’m approaching the end of my dream

Fernando Alonso spent five years at Ferrari which promised so much but,...
8y ago from GrandPrix247.com

Tyre selections announced for Austrian Grand Prix

Austrian Grand Prix – The teams’ tyre selections have been...
8y ago from FormulaSpy.com

Elsewhere On The Network

Popular On MGPToday.com

Popular On IndyCarToday.com

Renovated IMS museum reopens with all-new displays

The Indianapolis Motor Speedway Museum reopened on Wednesday following a...

New livery revealed for Kyle Larson's Indy 500 / Coke...

Kyle Larson will be attempting to compete in IndyCar’s Indianapolis 500...

Popular On TotalWRC.com

Elfyn Evans bags the big game on Safari

Elfyn Evans and Scott Martin claimed their maiden Safari Rally Kenya...

Popular On GunnersToday.com

Mikel Arteta reveals Arsenal's transfer plans could...

Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta reveals how injuries could affect the club's...
1h ago from SportsMole.co.uk

Arsenal, Man United 'dealt Viktor Gyokeres transfer...

Arsenal and Manchester United reportedly suffer a blow in their respective...
1h ago from SportsMole.co.uk

Arteta adamant bigger squads are only way to cope with...

t;li>‘There are certain limits the players can do’Arsenal’s...
4h ago from TheGuardian.com

Manchester United and Arsenal dealt blow as Saudi club...

According to a report by the Mirror, Manchester United and Arsenal's...
5h ago from SportsKeeda.com

Comments

Hottest News

Recent News


2014 GPToday.com
GPToday.com is not responsible for the news headlines and associated descriptions and images it indexes, the content of externally linked sites or the comments & postings of its users.

This website is unofficial and is not associated in any way with the Formula One group of companies. F1, FORMULA ONE, FORMULA 1, FIA FORMULA ONE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP, GRAND PRIX and related marks are trade marks of Formula One Licensing B.V.