News Details

Ecclestone still pushing for independent F1 engine

Formula 1 supremo Bernie Ecclestone says he still wants to push on with plans for an independent engine from 2017, despite the idea having been rejected by teams. Ecclestone and FIA president Jean Todt had hoped to push through the idea of a cheaper independent engine, but it did not get the support it needed at an F1 Commission meeting last month. Instead, F1's manufacturers have agreed to come up with an alternative plan to ensure that the costs of customer engines are brought down within the next few years. But Ecclestone still thinks that the alternative engine plan is the best way forward, and wants the rules should be changed to allow it to happen. "We have to change the rules to...
Full Story »
10y ago from Motorsport.com 0
Share

You May Also Be Interested In...

F1 engine suppliers meet to discuss cost reductions

Formula One's engine manufacturers had their first meeting Saturday...
10y ago from F1Pulse.com

Ecclestone: Lotus won't survive if Renault deal flops

Bernie Ecclestone believes that the Lotus Formula 1 team will not survive...
10y ago from Motorsport.com

Ecclestone, Todt given mandate by WMSC

Formula One CEO Bernie Ecclestone and FIA president Jean Todt have scored...
10y ago from RichlandF1.com

FIA approves Toro Rosso/Ferrari engine plan

Toro Rosso's plan to use 2015 Ferrari engines next year has been approved...
10y ago from Motorsport.com

Elsewhere On The Network

Popular On MGPToday.com

Popular On IndyCarToday.com

IndyCar grows international broadcast offerings for...

The NTT IndyCar Series has announced that its already extensive global...
14h ago from MotorsportWeek.c...

Alexander Rossi fastest as rain disrupts second...

The NTT IndyCar Series completed the second and final day of testing at...

Popular On TotalWRC.com

Elfyn Evans wins Swedish showdown

Elfyn Evans and Scott Martin clinched victory on Rally Sweden which ended...

Popular On GunnersToday.com

Bukayo Saka signs a new contract

Morning all. Let's start with the news that Bukayo Saka's new contract...
55m ago from Arseblog.com

“Arsenal don’t have any world-class players” -...

Former Tottenham Hotspur star Rafael van der Vaart has said Arsenal have...
5m ago from SportsKeeda.com

Arsenal & Man United have ‘significant'...

Karl Etta Eyong has been linked with a move away from Levante, and the...
11h ago from CaughtOffside.com

Newcastle star Anthony Gordon's preferred club amid...

Newcastle United star Anthony Gordon reportedly prefers a move to...
10h ago from SportsKeeda.com

Comments

Hottest News

Recent News


2014 GPToday.com
GPToday.com is not responsible for the news headlines and associated descriptions and images it indexes, the content of externally linked sites or the comments & postings of its users.

This website is unofficial and is not associated in any way with the Formula One group of companies. F1, FORMULA ONE, FORMULA 1, FIA FORMULA ONE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP, GRAND PRIX and related marks are trade marks of Formula One Licensing B.V.