News Details

Sauber settles contract dispute with Giedo van der Garde

Former Sauber test driver Giedo van der Garde says he has settled his contract dispute with the team for 'significant compensation' while accepting his Formula One career is effectively over. Van der Garde had a deal to be one of the team's race drivers this season, but Sauber did not honour it, and legal judgments in Switzerland and last week in Australia before the season-opening race supported the Dutchman's claims. He said on his Facebook page on Wednesday that the compensation meant 'my rights have finally been recognized and that at least some justice has been done,' but said he was 'sad and disappointed' that his F1 ambitions are over, and still bewildered at Sauber's...
Full Story »
10y ago from F1Pulse.com 0
Share

You May Also Be Interested In...

Van der Garde, Sauber end contract by mutual consent

Van der Garde, Sauber end contract by mutual consent Giedo van der Garde...
10y ago from Motorsport.com

Sauber settles dispute with ex-driver

Dutch driver Giedo Van der Garde recognised his hopes of racing in...
10y ago from SuperSport.com

Van der Garde Settlement Costs Sauber Dear

Sauber have settled the court action taken by driver Giedo van de Garde...
10y ago from FormulaSpy.com

Van der Garde reaches settlement with Sauber, contract...

Giedo van der Garde has confirmed that he has reached a settlement with...
10y ago from RichlandF1.com

Elsewhere On The Network

Popular On MGPToday.com

Popular On IndyCarToday.com

Renovated IMS museum reopens with all-new displays

The Indianapolis Motor Speedway Museum reopened on Wednesday following a...

New livery revealed for Kyle Larson's Indy 500 / Coke...

Kyle Larson will be attempting to compete in IndyCar’s Indianapolis 500...

Popular On TotalWRC.com

Elfyn Evans bags the big game on Safari

Elfyn Evans and Scott Martin claimed their maiden Safari Rally Kenya...

Popular On GunnersToday.com

Bukayo Saka comeback goal compared to magical Thierry...

Bukayo Saka's goal for Arsenal against Fulham shares similarities with...
2h ago from SportsMole.co.uk

Arsenal transfer news: Gunners 'in three-team battle'...

Arsenal are reportedly one of three Premier League teams running the rule...
2h ago from SportsMole.co.uk

Huge blow as Arsenal confirm injured star won't play...

Arsenal have officially confirmed the blow that Gabriel Magalhaes is out...
4h ago from CaughtOffside.com

Comments

Hottest News

Recent News


2014 GPToday.com
GPToday.com is not responsible for the news headlines and associated descriptions and images it indexes, the content of externally linked sites or the comments & postings of its users.

This website is unofficial and is not associated in any way with the Formula One group of companies. F1, FORMULA ONE, FORMULA 1, FIA FORMULA ONE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP, GRAND PRIX and related marks are trade marks of Formula One Licensing B.V.