News Details

2015 German GP no longer possible

The last slim chance for this year's German Grand Prix now appears over once and for all. With the embattled Nurburgring unable to fulfil its agreement to host the race in July, Bernie Ecclestone had been in talks with Hockenheim about filling the place. But circuit boss Georg Seiler told the Mannheimer Morgen newspaper on Tuesday: 'We do not expect a grand prix to take place at Hockenheim in 2015. 'The timing for a commitment passed long ago, so a serious organisation of the grand prix is no longer possible,' he added. F1 supremo Ecclestone has already said that if Germany does not host a 2015 race, the July 19 date on the currently 20-race calendar will not be replaced. SID news agency...
Full Story »
10y ago from GrandPrix247.com 0
Share

You May Also Be Interested In...

Hockenheim rules out hosting German GP

The German Grand Prix looks set to be absent from the 2015 Formula One...
10y ago from Motorsport.com

German GP demise ‘a shame’ – Hulkenberg

Nico Hulkenberg has lamented the apparent decline of the German grand...
10y ago from ThisIsF1.com

Ecclestone not to blame for German GP demise says Lauda

Organisers, not F1 boss Bernie Ecclestone, are to blame for the demise of...
10y ago from GrandPrix247.com

German GP demise not Ecclestone's fault says Lauda

Germany's F1 circuits, not Bernie Ecclestone, are to blame for the demise...
10y ago from GrandPrix.com

Elsewhere On The Network

Popular On MGPToday.com

Popular On IndyCarToday.com

IndyCar grows international broadcast offerings for...

The NTT IndyCar Series has announced that its already extensive global...

Alexander Rossi fastest as rain disrupts second...

The NTT IndyCar Series completed the second and final day of testing at...

Popular On TotalWRC.com

Elfyn Evans wins Swedish showdown

Elfyn Evans and Scott Martin clinched victory on Rally Sweden which ended...

Popular On GunnersToday.com

Mikel Arteta fires back at ‘bottlers' tag as...

Arsenal are fighting for the Premier League title, but they have been...
1h ago from CaughtOffside.com

Mikel Arteta rules out ‘bottlers’ jibe but accepts...

t;li>‘It’s not part of my vocabulary. I wouldn’t use that...
1h ago from TheGuardian.com

Man United accelerate move for 'generational' talent,...

Manchester United are hoping to sign the Brazilian attacker Gabriel...
3h ago from CaughtOffside.com

Liverpool join Arsenal in race for 23-year-old...

Arsenal and Liverpool are interested in signing the PSG attacker Bradley...
3h ago from CaughtOffside.com

Comments

Hottest News

Recent News


2014 GPToday.com
GPToday.com is not responsible for the news headlines and associated descriptions and images it indexes, the content of externally linked sites or the comments & postings of its users.

This website is unofficial and is not associated in any way with the Formula One group of companies. F1, FORMULA ONE, FORMULA 1, FIA FORMULA ONE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP, GRAND PRIX and related marks are trade marks of Formula One Licensing B.V.