News Details

After crashing Alonso thought he was still a Ferrari driver

Ralf Bach, a respected German correspondent claims on his blog that speculation of Fernando Alonso's accident during Barcelona testing being caused when he suffered an electrical shock in the cockpit are still doing the rounds, despite McLaren's denials. He said electrocution victims are often confused and suffer memory loss, adding that immediately after Alonso's impact, the Spaniard thought he was still a Ferrari driver. Bach reports that while Mercedes and Renault have five electrocution fail-safes built in for the drivers, Honda's new ‘power unit' only has three. An electric shock, he added, may also not be seen in the telemetry. As a result, Autosprint report, the FIA now...
Full Story »
10y ago from GrandPrix247.com 0
Share

You May Also Be Interested In...

Alonso: I am completely fine

McLaren driver Fernando Alonso on Friday declared himself completely fine...
10y ago from GrandPrix247.com

‘I’m completely fine’ says smiling Alonso

Fernando Alonso on Friday declared himself 'completely fine' after his...
10y ago from ThisIsF1.com

Report reveals Alonso hit wall at 105kph

Fernando Alonso's McLaren-Honda struck the wall at 105 kilometres per...
10y ago from GrandPrix247.com

McLaren quiet on Alonso's medical situation

McLaren has counted itself out of the continuing speculation about...
10y ago from GrandPrix247.com

Elsewhere On The Network

Popular On MGPToday.com

Popular On IndyCarToday.com

Renovated IMS museum reopens with all-new displays

The Indianapolis Motor Speedway Museum reopened on Wednesday following a...

New livery revealed for Kyle Larson's Indy 500 / Coke...

Kyle Larson will be attempting to compete in IndyCar’s Indianapolis 500...

Popular On TotalWRC.com

Elfyn Evans bags the big game on Safari

Elfyn Evans and Scott Martin claimed their maiden Safari Rally Kenya...

Popular On GunnersToday.com

Paul Merson predicts Manchester United vs Manchester...

The games are coming thick and fast in the Premier League as we approach...
54m ago from SportsKeeda.com

'I expect them' – Fabrizio Romano's transfer...

Arsenal are expected to finish the Premier League season in second...
44m ago from CaughtOffside.com

“Since the first day I came here” - Arsenal star...

Arsenal defender William Saliba has named his defensive partner Gabriel...
1h ago from SportsKeeda.com

Collymore urges Mikel Arteta to not solely rely on...

Bukayo Saka made a triumphant return for Arsenal earlier this week as he...
2h ago from CaughtOffside.com

Comments

Hottest News

Recent News


2014 GPToday.com
GPToday.com is not responsible for the news headlines and associated descriptions and images it indexes, the content of externally linked sites or the comments & postings of its users.

This website is unofficial and is not associated in any way with the Formula One group of companies. F1, FORMULA ONE, FORMULA 1, FIA FORMULA ONE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP, GRAND PRIX and related marks are trade marks of Formula One Licensing B.V.