News Details

Melbourne secures F1 GP through 2020

The Victorian government has secured a five-year extension to its current contract to host the opening round of the Formula 1 world championship. The extended agreement, signed in London last week, confirms the Albert Park race through to at least 2020. Although refusing to disclose financial terms of the contract, premier Denis Napthine says it's a 'better deal' than the previous arrangement. 'This is a great deal for Victoria and I congratulate Ron Walker (Australian Grand Prix Corporation chairman) and (major events) minister Louise Asher, who have been tough negotiators on behalf of Victoria,' he told 3AW. 'We've secured another five years for the grand prix and we've secured a great...
Full Story »
11y ago from SpeedCafe.com 0
Share

You May Also Be Interested In...

2014 F1 Championship standing after Hungarian Grand...

2014 F1 Championship standing after Hungarian Grand PrixPosted On 27 Jul...
11y ago from ThisIsF1.com

Gutiérrez set to begin Sauber contract talks

– Esteban Gutiérrez says he plans to open contract extension talks...
11y ago from GPUpdate.net

Gutierrez expecting to open contract talks with Sauber...

+ Esteban Gutierrez is expecting to open talks with Sauber soon over a...
11y ago from RichlandF1.com

Red Bull: It's a great team performance

Daniel Ricciardo Red Bull report from qualifying at the Hungarian Grand...
11y ago from GrandPrix247.com

Elsewhere On The Network

Popular On MGPToday.com

Popular On IndyCarToday.com

Aggressive testing schedule planned ahead of Mick...

Following confirmation Mick Schumacher will make a switch to IndyCar next...

Mick Schumacher joins RLL in IndyCar switch

Rahal Letterman Lanigan Racing has announced that Mick Schumacher will...

Popular On TotalWRC.com

Sebastien Ogier wins 9th WRC title, Thierry Neuville...

Sebastien Ogier won his ninth WRC title in Saudia Arabia and Vincent...

Sebastien Ogier leads the virtual title chase as...

Friday in Saudi Arabia was the toughest day of the season. The overnight...
23h ago from MotorsportWeek.c...

Popular On GunnersToday.com

“They are doing very well, but we haven't faced them...

Chelsea star Moises Caicedo has boldly said that his side can do well...
1h ago from SportsKeeda.com

Arsenal and Man United told how much they need to pay...

Arsenal and Manchester United will have to fork out £75 million to sign...
3h ago from CaughtOffside.com

“No better time for them to play Arsenal” - Ray...

Arsenal legend Ray Parlour expects Chelsea and his former side to play out...
2h ago from SportsKeeda.com

“Now we will be enemies but we are friends” -...

Chelsea defender Wesley Fofana has admitted that he has not spoken to...
4h ago from SportsKeeda.com

Comments

Hottest News

Recent News


2014 GPToday.com
GPToday.com is not responsible for the news headlines and associated descriptions and images it indexes, the content of externally linked sites or the comments & postings of its users.

This website is unofficial and is not associated in any way with the Formula One group of companies. F1, FORMULA ONE, FORMULA 1, FIA FORMULA ONE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP, GRAND PRIX and related marks are trade marks of Formula One Licensing B.V.