News Details

Tost 'convinced' Vergne will retain seat

Toro Rosso boss Franz Tost is "convinced" that Jean-Éric Vergne will retain his seat with the outfit for the 2014 Formula 1 campaign, despite the Frenchman being effectively ruled out of a promotion to reigning World Champions Red Bull. Vergne, who claimed the British Formula 3 title back in 2010, was a main candidate to replace Mark Webber earlier in the season, but the fight for the vacancy has been narrowed down to team-mate Daniel Ricciardo and Lotus driver Kimi Räikkönen. Speaking at the Hungaroring on Friday, Tost said that even if Vergne misses out on the move, he will stay onboard as he lacks vital experience compared to Ricciardo. "I'm convinced that Jean-Éric...
Full Story »
12y ago from GPUpdate.net 0
Share

You May Also Be Interested In...

‘Too early' for Vergne to join Red Bull

Red Bull team principal Christian Horner believes it is ‘too early'...
12y ago from F1Zone.net

Vergne: Still a chance for me at Red Bull

Jean-Eric Vergne believes he still has a chance to take up the vacant Red...
12y ago from TheF1Times.com

Tost says Vergne will stay

Franz Tost has insisted that Jean-Eric Vergne will remain a Toro Rosso...
12y ago from SkySports.com

Vergne: Red Bull should take Ricciardo, not Raikkonen

Jean-Eric Vergne believes that Red Bull should hire Daniel Ricciardo...
12y ago from RichlandF1.com

Elsewhere On The Network

Popular On MGPToday.com

Popular On IndyCarToday.com

Aggressive testing schedule planned ahead of Mick...

Following confirmation Mick Schumacher will make a switch to IndyCar next...

Mick Schumacher joins RLL in IndyCar switch

Rahal Letterman Lanigan Racing has announced that Mick Schumacher will...

Popular On TotalWRC.com

Sebastien Ogier leads the virtual title chase as...

Friday in Saudi Arabia was the toughest day of the season. The overnight...
15h ago from MotorsportWeek.c...

Popular On GunnersToday.com

Top reporter confirms Arsenal, Man Utd & Chelsea...

Leading German football journalist Florian Plettenberg has more or less...
14m ago from CaughtOffside.com

Approach made: Arsenal contact super agent over 15 G/A...

Arsenal have reportedly registered an interest in Juventus attacking...
1h ago from CaughtOffside.com

“I have dreams”: Attacker openly admits desire to...

Brazilian international Luiz Henrique talks about his desire to play in...
14m ago from CaughtOffside.com

‘His impact is huge’: Arteta hails Rice’s...

t;li>Head coach backs midfielder to improve furtherArsenal visit...
9h ago from TheGuardian.com

Comments

Hottest News

FIA act after McLaren failure at Qatar Grand Prix

McLaren have avoided punishment for a situation... Read More »
44m ago from GPFans.com

Norris: I care about the people I work with

Lando Norris wants to win the F1 Title fair and... Read More »
1h ago from GrandPrix247.com

F1 2025 Qatar Grand Prix Sprint Race starting grid with...

The first race of the F1 weekend gets underway... Read More »
1h ago from GPFans.com

Recent News


2014 GPToday.com
GPToday.com is not responsible for the news headlines and associated descriptions and images it indexes, the content of externally linked sites or the comments & postings of its users.

This website is unofficial and is not associated in any way with the Formula One group of companies. F1, FORMULA ONE, FORMULA 1, FIA FORMULA ONE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP, GRAND PRIX and related marks are trade marks of Formula One Licensing B.V.