News Details

F1 says safe to race in Bahrain

Bahrain is a safe place to race and this weekend's grand prix will go ahead as planned, Formula One's governing body and commercial rights holder Bernie Ecclestone said in a joint statement on Friday. The short press release, surprising only in being issued so late in the day, came after calls from some British politicians and others for the race to be cancelled due to human rights concerns. The race was called off in 2011 after the crushing of an anti-government uprising in the Gulf island kingdom left at least 35 dead. There have been regular clashes between police and protesters since then. Drivers were already out on track for first practice at the desert Sakhir circuit, after a day...
Full Story »
12y ago from SuperSport.com 0
Share

You May Also Be Interested In...

FIA president Todt to miss Bahrain GP

FIA president Jean Todt will once again miss the Bahrain Grand Prix amid...
12y ago from TheF1Times.com

Ecclestone plays down Bahrain problems

16 April, 2013 Bernie Ecclestone with Bahrain Crown Prince Shaikh Salman...
12y ago from YallaF1.com

Ecclestone dismisses Bahrain concerns

SHANGHAI, April 15, 2013 (AFP) - Formula One supremo Bernie Ecclestone...
12y ago from F1Plus.com

Elsewhere On The Network

Popular On MGPToday.com

Popular On IndyCarToday.com

IndyCar grows international broadcast offerings for...

The NTT IndyCar Series has announced that its already extensive global...

Alexander Rossi fastest as rain disrupts second...

The NTT IndyCar Series completed the second and final day of testing at...

Popular On TotalWRC.com

Elfyn Evans wins Swedish showdown

Elfyn Evans and Scott Martin clinched victory on Rally Sweden which ended...

Popular On GunnersToday.com

Mikel Arteta fires back at ‘bottlers' tag as...

Arsenal are fighting for the Premier League title, but they have been...
37m ago from CaughtOffside.com

Mikel Arteta rules out ‘bottlers’ jibe but accepts...

t;li>‘It’s not part of my vocabulary. I wouldn’t use that...
27m ago from TheGuardian.com

Man United accelerate move for 'generational' talent,...

Manchester United are hoping to sign the Brazilian attacker Gabriel...
2h ago from CaughtOffside.com

Liverpool join Arsenal in race for 23-year-old...

Arsenal and Liverpool are interested in signing the PSG attacker Bradley...
2h ago from CaughtOffside.com

Comments

Hottest News

Recent News


2014 GPToday.com
GPToday.com is not responsible for the news headlines and associated descriptions and images it indexes, the content of externally linked sites or the comments & postings of its users.

This website is unofficial and is not associated in any way with the Formula One group of companies. F1, FORMULA ONE, FORMULA 1, FIA FORMULA ONE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP, GRAND PRIX and related marks are trade marks of Formula One Licensing B.V.